Your boss will contact Lee officials in Iowa to do the main story on the reasons for the move and the consequences for Missoula.
Your job is gather information for a sidebar, perhaps a big graphic. You've got the rest of this class period to provide that information in the form of a comment to the blog. You may use any sources short of calling Lee or its employees. Cite your sources. Be sure they're authoritative.
- How many newspapers does Lee Enterprises own? What's Lee's total daily circulation?
- What's its biggest paper? What's its circulation? How has the paper itself been in the news lately?
- Who are Lee's top corporate officials?
- How much was its top official paid in 2004?
- What's Lee's stock selling for today?
- How much revenue did the company report on its most recent annual report?
- Lee is not forecasting normal earnings over the next few years. Why?
- How old is the company? Who is its founder? How did its connection to Montana come about?
- Are there any independent business analyst who follow Lee? Name a couple.
- What's the most unusual fact you've found to spice up the profile?